back-to-the-80s-01C871B227-6F3D-3FF5-F08F-DEB7E6491B8D.jpg
seats724985BF-5774-815C-1235-8A4D1F6BE9E5.jpg
skiing08C0AF0C-F5AA-1E7E-296F-193908C3306E.jpg
snake74A0F0A4-9025-7493-3CC3-B6597570738A.jpg
back-to-the-80s-04106D3346-9536-9D2C-D48C-569C595C45BD.jpg
book-day285277AE-C875-8E1F-3479-0788032D9B38.jpg
build1DACBDA5A-0C5D-2AA0-5BD7-54B283D70739.jpg
build2601C21B5-EDB0-AF03-FD99-FDBC45B8530B.jpg
conisbroughDFE39ED0-B203-79A5-A952-025BBB632170.jpg
minibus25046AE5C-9C40-F836-6079-BF92B5C63C65.jpg
robotCDA2CC90-7091-717A-080A-854DA20B078E.jpg
theatreF7A73D22-B484-55DF-A2CC-5B586E8C734F.jpg
The timetable for this summer's GCSE Examinations can be found here.               


 

A Specialist Science with Mathematics School

Excellence Through Teamwork

"We value the individuality of our young people and recognise their unique needs and aspirations. Learners of all abilities and talents thrive at our school, gaining the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes to make a real and genuine contribution to society"

We Aim ….

to foster a caring, safe and inclusive environment built on mutual respect and clear expectations, where success is promoted and celebrated.

to support students to become highly motivated lifelong learners and develop in all students an ambition to contribute to society and reach their goals.

to offer broad, personalised opportunities that provide rewarding and challenging experiences.

Partnership working will be at the heart of our community; we will promote excellence through effective engagement with our students, parents, local communities and partners.

“Excellence through Teamwork”

What do we value?

Opportunity

Commitment

Respect

 

Last week's school attendance was 94.6%.            Last week's school attendance was 94.6%.           
CarletonCHS Ski Trip: Provided there is no traffic issues we will be arriving at school at 9:15.
CarletonCHS The ski trip has arrived in Dover. We will hopefully be back in Carleton by 8/9am. Further update when we stop at P… https://t.co/RJPJcqH6vV
CarletonCHS The ski trip has safely departed for Carleton! We will keep you posted about our arrival time. #skiaustria18
CarletonCHS Day 2 and 3 views ft. Mr Pool

ART AND DESIGN FINE ART GCSE

 

This two year course is intended for those candidates who have reached above level 5 at the end of Key Stage 3. They will gain experience of a wide range of drawing and painting activities, be expected to display and apply to their own work and have a knowledge of historical and contemporary artists. Coursework consists of three assignments which form 60% of the final examination weighting. The remaining 40% is undertaken as a controlled test at the end of the second year.

The growing independence of the learner from the teacher fulfils one of the essential functions of art education. Our aim is to foster independent thinking and self-motivation in our learners.

 

ART AND DESIGN BTEC LEVEL 2 FIRST CERTIFICATE

 

ManThis qualification is designed for learners who would benefit from a vocational approach to Art and Design. The grades at BTEC are Pass, Merit and Distinction. The whole course takes place over Years 10 and 11 and is internally assessed. This course will allow learners to progress to higher art courses at college and university. The course is equivalent to two GCSE’s (grades A-C)].

The BTEC course enables learners to approach Art and Design from a vocational direction rather than an academic one. Learners will work from design briefs and create outcomes such as menus and greetings cards. The First Certificate helps learners to acquire the ' tricks of the trade' which give artists the confidence to build and develop their personal creative skills This course enables Learner’s to develop their drawing skills whilst learning how techniques and ideas can successfully progress from a working brief into a finished product.

For information on BTEC Firsts in all subjects or a ‘Parents’ Guide to BTEC go to:

http:/www.edexcel.com/quals/firsts/Pages/default.aspx

ART & DESIGN ART TEXTILES GCSE

 

This two-year course is intended for those learners who have reached Level 5 and above at the end of Key Stage 3. Learners will develop drawing and design skills while experimenting with different textile techniques including fabric painting, hand/machine embroidery and beading.

DummyLearners will have the opportunity to investigate fabric and fashion design and research colour, pattern and decoration. Learning about different artists and designers is an important part of the course. This subject will enable learners to pursue courses and careers in Art, Fashion and Interior Design.










TextilesCoursework consists of three projects which form 60% of the overall grade.

The remaining 40% is covered by the controlled test.

If you would like the chance to be creative and learn about textiles then this is the course for you.